- Snowball XLVI - 2020!!!
Online registration is open!!! Register now!
Walk-ins are welcome at Snowball. Day rates available. Payment can be made by check (preferred), cash, or credit/debit cards (on your device).
Many hands make light work.
All volunteers will receive a $30 credit towards next year's registration!
Register for your shift here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/snowball-volunteers-registration-93678517969
Please contact Registrar with questions.
- SOLD OUT - Meals are NOT included with registration, but are available for an additional charge. Please contact Registrar to be added to waitlist.
- We hope you'll join us for Friday Dinner ($15), Saturday Lunch ($10), and/or Saturday Dinner ($15). Learn more!
- Breakfast will not be organized through Snowball. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, as well as a Starbucks. There are also diners and other restaurants within close driving distance from the hotel.
- Snacks and liquid refreshments will still be provided in Hospitality throughout the event. Snacks include chips, fresh veggies, cookies, candy—the likes of which you’ve seen at last Snowball. Beverages include water, coffee, tea, juice, beer and wine, etc.
- Speakers, games room, Saturday night dance, testing, etc are not changing.
- Snowball Cancellation Policy
- A $10 processing fee will be charged for cancellation and refund requests through January 31, 2020. Refund and cancellation requests received after January 31 will be reviewed case-by-case, based on circumstance and event viability. Contact Registrar.
- After January 31 meals are transferable for 2020 only (e.g., Friday dinner from person A to person B).
So far we have 184 registrants signed up for Snowball from 15 states, 1 district, and 2 foreign countries!
They are: New Jersey, of course, California, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, as well as Washington, D.C., Canada, and the Netherlands!!
- Words to the Wise
- Save a (plastic?) tree! --- bring and reuse your badge holder from last Snowball.
- Snowball (registration, hospitality, and the games room) opens at 4:00 PM on Friday.
- Hotel Rate
- The room rate is $119
single/double, $129 triple, $139 quad -- only until our
of rooms is sold out.
Reservations: Direct link: https://reservations.travelclick.com/96418?groupID=2274841 or call: (732) 494-6200 -- Please mention: Central New Jersey Mensa or 200306MESA
- Social Media
- Snowball's Facebook Group (secret) -- please contact the webmistress to join: email@example.com
- Guests are always welcome - if registering separately, please have Mensan sponsor contact Registrar.
- Snowball is only open to Mensans and their guests.
- Multi-Media Swap -- Sunday Morning
- Remember the old saying -- one man's unwanted media is another man's treasure. Bring your unwanted media (books, jigsaw puzzles, games, movies, CDs, video games, etc.) to swap for someone else's and go home feeling rich with your new treasure.
- Craft Session -- Saturday Afternoon
- Bring your favorite portable craft (it doesn't have to involve stitching) and join other crafters in a friendly event. Share your skills, learn a new trick or tip, or just relax and be creative.
- We want your SOCKS! Saturday Afternoon
Operation Happy Sock creates and delivers catnip toys to homeless cats in animal shelters. At Snowball we will make these simple toys, called "Happy Socks," by putting catnip in the toe of an old sock and tying a knot at the ankle.
We welcome donated socks that meet these guidelines:
- Clean – please run them through the washer first.
- Any type of socks (sweat socks and fuzzy socks are terrific!) will work -- although thin synthetics or nylons may not be durable enough.
- Any size (baby and kids’ sizes too) are welcome.
- Even socks with holes are fine – we are experts at making a toy from almost any sock!
It’s time to clean out that sock drawer and admit that all those lone socks will probably never meet their mates again. Give 'em a second life as a Happy Sock!
Thank you on behalf of homeless cats everywhere!
Please note: This event will take place Saturday afternoon. At registration, we will have a box for sock donations, or better yet, bring your socks to Room 210 and make the toys yourself!