- Monthly Gathering -- general info -- next gathering -- Please note: Monthly Gatherings will no longer be held at hotel.
- 8:00 PM, 2nd Friday of each month
- Regional Gathering (RG)
- Snowball XLV
CNJM's Regional Gathering
March 1-3, 2019
Iselin, New Jersey
Garden State Parkway, Northbound Exit 131A and Southbound 131
- the nation's longest-running RG
- 24-hour hospitality
- interesting speakers - Friday night and all day Saturday
- new, larger games room open all weekend
- craft session - Saturday afternoon
- dj dance - Saturday night
- multi-media swap - Sunday morning
- very close to Metropark train station
- hotel has well-equipped fitness center and indoor pool
- free parking
- register online or by mail
- day rates available
- Annual Gathering (AG)
- 2019 Annual
July , 2019
- Colloquium 2019
- Mind Games 2019
American Mensans get together to play and
rate the latest board and card games over one spring weekend.
April 12-14, 2019
- Looking Ahead
- Future Annual Gatherings
- 2020 AG -- Kansas City, Missouri
- 2021 AG -- Houston, Texas
- 2022 AG -- Reno, Nevada
- Future Mind Games
- 2020-- TBD
Nearby Regional Gatherings
- Snowball XLV
- Central New Jersey Mensa
March 1-3, 2019
Iselin, NJ -- Garden State Parkway, Northbound Exit 131A and Southbound 131
- Wicked Good!
- Boston Mensa
October 26-28, 2018
- Winter Solstice RG
- Central Pennsylvania Mensa
December 14-16, 2018
- Metropolitan Washington Mensa
August 16-18, 2019
- RechaRGe - yet to be confirmed
- Mensa of Northeastern New York
Labor Day Weekend 2019
CNJM holds a gathering each month on a variety of eclectic topics that have included: guitar-making, military police dog demonstration, NJ tombstone markings, revolutionary war mutinies, and quantum physics proving love (to name a few). These presentations are usually held on the 2nd Friday at various locations.
Members, guests, and potential members are all welcomed. Admission is now free.
Friday, November 9: The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- Denny's,752 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ. Dinner around 7:00pm, talk around 8:30PM.
November means Thanksgiving, and one of the institutions that defines the celebration of that holiday is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Stretching three miles from the Upper West Side to Herald Square before a crowd of over three million people, the parade's signature is its lineup of massive helium balloons. Nearly 2,000 balloon handlers guide these inflated characters through New York's concrete canyons, including Central New Jersey Mensa's Jim Poserina. Jim will share his experiences and provide an inside look at what it's like to be a part of this unique piece of Americana.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Jim Poserina is an 18-year member of Central New Jersey Mensa and has been a balloon handler in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade since 2011. In 2017 he and a partner had a perfect game on the Discovery show "Cash Cab" with celebrity guest teammate Jeff Garlin. During the day he's a computer programmer at Rutgers University.